Date(s) - May 17, 2017
The Washington State Nonprofit Conference gathers over 700 nonprofit leaders for a day of networking, learning and new ideas. This year, we are planning for an inspiring day that embodies the following values:
- Stories from the field: Learning from the lived experiences of nonprofit leaders across Washington State. We are committed to hearing from practitioners and providing more opportunities for attendees to learn from each other and problem-solve together.
- Increasing equity: Building commitment to and action for equity within our organizations and our communities.
- Staying current: Opportunities to engage with current events and strategies for leading in uncertain times.
- Going green: This year the conference will focus on people, minimize paper and move toward earth-friendly practices.
Our workshops and speakers will address these themes. We will have tracks that dive deep on the following topics:
- Networked Leadership – maximizing community impact through cross-sector collaboration
- Nonprofit Wages and Compensation – Wrestling with low wages, increasing wages, and pay gaps
- Equitable Partnerships – Coming together across race, class, and geographic divides
- Nonprofit Fundamentals – An array of workshops on governance, fundraising, advocacy, marketing and human resources management.
In addition, we will continue familiar conference elements:
- Great keynote speakers
- A real-time Nonprofit Resource Center hosted by 501Commons where you can get your questions answered by experts
- Over 50 exhibitors offering goods and services that benefit nonprofit organizations
Who should attend?
Nonprofit staff and board members at all levels will be fed by the range of workshops and speakers at the Washington State Nonprofit Conference. Newer nonprofit leaders will benefit from the fundamentals track to fill knowledge gaps. Seasoned executives can connect with peers and wrestle with complex challenges at advanced sessions.
Reflection and opportunities to put your work in a larger context are critical to effective nonprofit leadership. Investment in reflection and learning time for yourself and your staff members pays off in greater productivity and strategic thinking back at the office.
The Washington State Nonprofit Conference is presented by Washington Nonprofits in partnership with Seattle University Master of Nonprofit Leadership Program, University of Washington Evans School of Public Policy & Governance, 501Commons and Philanthropy Northwest.