Thank you for your interest in joining the Washington Federation of Animal Care and Control Agencies! As a Director on the board, you will be part of a state-wide network of animal welfare professionals working towards the betterment of animals in our communities.
New board members are recruited from current committee members. A complete list of committee descriptions can be found here. After a minimum XXX months of service, committee members may approach the chair of their committee and request nomination to the Federation board of directors. An application (need link) is required to be presented to the board as a nominee. Once approved by the board, the nominated member can attend board meetings. Official appointment to the board will be voted on my members at the Annual Meeting (typically held in August).
As a board member for the Washington Federation, you will be expected to:
- Serve a two-year term, with the option of being re-elected for XX terms.
- Attend all Board and committee meetings and functions, such as the annual training event. Attendance includes participating in monthly phone conference meetings.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services and programs. Ask questions and participate at the level required in the by-laws.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to Board ad committee meetings.
- Serve on at least one committee.
- Inform others about the organization.
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies and act in the best interest of the organization.
- Make a personal financial contribution to the annual fund on a yearly basis at a level that is meaningful to me.
- Be a part of an organization in good standing with The Federation.
Start your journey by applying to serve on a committee today!