The redesigned specialty license plate, available for purchase at all Washington State Department of Licensing offices, features a tabby cat named Dory and a mixed breed dog named Laurie, both recent residents of Washington shelters.
HOW YOUR PURCHASE HELPS ANIMALS
To continue to provide a proactive solution to pet overpopulation, The Federation has earmarked revenue from the sale of the SPAY~NEUTER~ADOPT license plates for spay/neuter surgeries for cats, dogs, and rabbits in Washington state. When a specialty plate is purchased or renewed, $28 dollars of the fee collected by the Department of Licensing goes directly to The Federation to be awarded quarterly to Washington animal agencies for the purpose of increasing spay/neuter services. Plates are available for registered passenger vehicles, light duty pickups, trailers, motorcycles and campers in Washington State. For questions, or to locate vehicle licensing offices, visit the Washington State Department of Licensing. Thank you for your support!
YOUR ORGANIZATION CAN RAISE FUNDS AND RECEIVE SPAY/NEUTER GRANTS
- Proudly display SPAY ~ NEUTER ~ ADOPT plates on your organizational and personal vehicles.
- Distribute SPAY ~ NEUTER ~ ADOPT flyers and rack cards to your adopters and supporters.
- Feature information about the license plate in your organization’s newsletter, e-newsletter and social media.
- Add license plate image to your signature block.
- Ask your local veterinarians and pet supply stores to distribute SPAY ~ NEUTER ~ ADOPT flyers to their clients.
- Have you received a Spay/Neuter Grant from The Federation? Share the good news by completing this sample press release and issuing to your local media and legislators! (Click here for assistance identifying your local district and representatives.)
- Learn more about how organizations can apply for spay/neuter grants including a list of groups who have been awarded since granting began in 2007.