We Love Our Pets License Plates
The license plate features lovable characters designed by artist and author Brian Bassett, (Adam@Home and “Red and Rover”), and are available for purchase at all Washington State vehicle licensing offices. Learn more about how organizations can apply for the license plate fund grants, including a list of groups who have been awarded since granting began in 2007. To help spread the word about the plate, please download, print and distribute the We Love Our Pets Flyer.
What does it cost?
The original cost to purchase a plate is $40 plus applicable licensing fees. When the vehicle registration comes due, you will need to pay an additional $30 to keep the plate on your vehicle even if you have not had the plate for a full year. Plates are available for registered passenger vehicles, light duty pickups, trailers, motorcycles and campers in Washington State. For questions or to locate vehicle licensing offices, visit the Washington State Department of Vehicle Licensing. Thank you for your support!
Marketing Pet Friendly License Plates
Promoting the “We Love Our Pets” License Plates
Ideas to Help Raise Funds for Spay/Neuter!
- Make sure your organizational vehicles or personal vehicles have the “We Love Our Pets” plate.
- Distribute “We Love Our Pets” flyers to your adopters and supporters.
- Feature information about the license plate in your organization’s e-newsletter, or promote through social media.
- Add the license plate image to your signature block during February, which is “Spay/Neuter Awareness Month.”
- Encourage Community Awareness – Do you work with local veterinarians or pet supply stores? Coordinate with them to promote the plates by asking them to distribute the “We Love Our Pets” flyer to their clients.
- Did you receive a “We Love Our Pets” Spay/Neuter Grant? Share the good news by completing this sample press release and issuing to your local media and legislators! (Click here for assistance identifying your local district and representatives.)