The Washington Federation of Animal Care and Control Agencies entered into it’s first all-board/committee meeting on Saturday May 7th for it’s strategic planning. The day was a success, and we came away with a lot of great visions for how the organization will continue into the future. It was agreed that the following would continue to be priorities for the Washington Federation:
- Spending at least 50% of it’s energies on promoting humane legislation.
- Re-design of the “We Love Our Pets” specialty license plates
- Planning a state-wide animal care/control conference for 2018
- Increasing the number of member organizations as well as increasing benefits to these organizations
- Creating a fundraising committee and plan to increase income to the federation so we can expand resources and services to our members.
If you are interested in helping in any of these areas, please contact the Federation at firstname.lastname@example.org.