Staff Training & Development
- Creating a strategic plan for your organization
- Keys to recruiting and developing a dynamic Board of Directors
- Writing powerful grant proposals
- Developing your organization to its full potential
- Adoption screening tools & techniques
- Best practices in volunteer management
- Developing an effective foster care program
- Starting a spay/neuter assistance program
- Euthanasia certification
- The Humane Society of the United States’ Animal Sheltering website offers information on a wide variety of programs designed with one goal in mind: to help local animal shelters and humane organizations improve the ways they work. Click on the link above to learn more about the many resources offered by The HSUS.
- The American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ Professional website connects professionals with animal welfare tools and resources, including information on ASPCA programs, tools for increasing your live release rate, a variety of operational shelter topics, and the latest news and research. Click on the link above to explore the wealth of information the ASPCA has to offer animal welfare professionals.
- Shelter Animal Count provides access to shelter animal population data for hundreds of shelters, municipalities and communities across the country. This is the most comprehensive data collection project. Data is gathered and released on a quarterly basis.
- Washington Federation Youtube Channel keeps you up to date on the latest trainings, meetings and information brought to you by the Federation.