Fantastic News for the Animals ….. HB 2644 is scheduled to be signed by the Governor tomorrow afternoon. The bill signings start at 2:45 pm. Our bill is 24th on the list. Mike Shaw will be there, and if you can attend please let us know, be sure to get pictures and share with me so we can post on the Federation site!
If you get an opportunity, please email and thank the following bill sponsors:
Sponsors: Representatives Blake, Muri, Van De Wege, Jinkins, Kretz, Short, Fitzgibbon, Rossetti, McBride
For details on attending a bill signing:
The bill action schedule and memos are posted on this website above. Always double check the bill action schedule on the day of your bill signing as sometimes bills may be held at the last minute for further consideration.
I’d like to attend a bill signing. What do I need to know?
• The bill action notice gives the location and time of the bill signing. Possible locations include:
o Governor’s conference room on the 2nd floor of the Legislative Building
o State Reception Room on the 3rd floor of the Legislative Building
o Off-site locations around the state
• Capitol Campus building map is available here.
• Parking information for the Capitol Campus is available here.
• There are often large groups at bill signings so when you arrive, we ask that you find your bill number and line up in the hallway. Our staff will call groups into the conference room when their bill is being signed.
• Children are welcome. Service animals only are also allowed in the office.
• During the signing, guests should form a group behind the governor. The spots immediately to the governor’s left and right are reserved for the legislators who sponsored the bill. After the governor gives brief remarks, a photographer will take a group photo available for purchase here. The bill signings are also recorded and available for viewing on tvw.org.
• After the photos, our staff will pass out ceremonial pens to commemorate the signing.
• Guests should then exit the conference room through the rear door.